Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Yukon here I come!!

One can only image the excitement as I boarded the Cessna Aztec on my way to Mac Pass, Yukon. What an adventure!! As we roared down the runway I couldn't have imagined what lay ahead of me in the wild Canadian North and how it would would leave a lasting impression on my soul. The flight up was amazing with thousands of lakes with brilliant colors ranging from deep turquoise to Sapphire blues. Mountain ranges surrounded us like mighty sentinels guarding their treasures. We flew down the Trench for was seemed like hours until we finally touched down in Watson Lake for fuel. As I later found out there isn't allot in Watson Lake except for the Watson Lake Signpost, which is something that everyone should experience. Signs from around the world are posted here and the collection grows yearly. Once we had fueled up we were off to our final destination, Macmillan Pass. Touch down!! We were finally home, at least for a couple of months. My home was a simple wall tent and the cook shack was a trailer, it appeared that our camp was the center of activity since were were stationed right at the landing strip. This was paradise. How could anyone ever complain about being in the bush for too long? Before I left to go on my trip someone mentioned that I might get bushed. Da?? "What is he talking about" When you come from a town with 100 people in it and spend all your time in the bush how can you get bushed? We had the best things in the world going on here. Our camp was right by a beautiful creek and there were mountains all around us and there were no beeping horns or traffic jams. This was going to be a great place to hang out and that's exactly what happened. I spent the next 4 years in Mac Pass, it was my summer "job".

No comments:

Post a Comment